Things are pretty wonderful
Jul. 12th, 2010 02:35 pmThis was a very good weekend.
The rooftop of the Hotel Deluxe was the venue for my post-wushu Friday night, and I got to dress pretty, hang with my band of Laptop Party girls, drink fancy champagne cocktails, and pose for photobooth shots in silly fashion.
I also got to hang with
_dilate_ & Co. at Amnesia Brewing afterwards, where I was hideously overdressed, but having a good time nonetheless. I like NoPo so much.
I consumed a metric ton of pork on Saturday, courtesy of
daemonwise's pet project, Rib-Off 2: Electric BBQ. Holy damn, there were some seriously delicious ribs to be had, and when it came time to vote for the winner, I was in serious conflict over my decision. They were *all* friggin' amazing, and each in a very distinct sort of way. My hat is off to each and every one of you who cooked. Seriously, DAMN.
Post-Rib-Off, I found myself at Horse Brass, having a date that (gasp!) ACTUALLY DIDN'T SUCK. When I arrived there, I was sweaty and gross from biking, vaguely pork-drunk (™
praenomenal), and not exactly in a good headspace for impressing new people, so I figured it'd be Meh, at best, but it far exceeded my expectations. This was the first one in quite a while that actually has me excited about going on a second date, and he actually said he wanted to hang out again, "if that's okay with [me]," (d'aawww!) so it's a fair assumption that a second date will happen.
There was also a friend whom I'd been fearing I might be on the outs with, but my fears were apparently inaccurate, because I heard from him and we wound up hanging out during the weekend, too. And that turned out fun, overall, so that was a pretty huge relief.
This will probably make at least a few of you laugh, but: I also watched Sailormoon for the first time in at least FIVE YEARS. It wasn't until I was sitting down with
typsie, Jason, and
praenomenal that I realized I'd watched most, if not ALL of my Sailormoon episodes either alone in my college dorm room, or alone in my Dad's old apartment in Connecticut at the age of 15. But oh, MAN, they're as cheesy and hysterical as I remembered. The R Movie is so overwhelmingly gay that I can't help but still love it. XD
And, finally, I had a really nice time working with one of my new senior reps, too. She's a Vancouver-ite, so she had a fair bit of difficulty finding Overlook Park, but once she got there, we had a smooth session. I found myself wishing a few times that I'd made arrangements to have an assistant, because manning the reflector myself got a bit hinky once or twice, but I got some rad shots, nonetheless. She's in summer school, too, so she's ready to start throwing my business card at all of her friends right away. W00t!
The rooftop of the Hotel Deluxe was the venue for my post-wushu Friday night, and I got to dress pretty, hang with my band of Laptop Party girls, drink fancy champagne cocktails, and pose for photobooth shots in silly fashion.
I also got to hang with
I consumed a metric ton of pork on Saturday, courtesy of
Post-Rib-Off, I found myself at Horse Brass, having a date that (gasp!) ACTUALLY DIDN'T SUCK. When I arrived there, I was sweaty and gross from biking, vaguely pork-drunk (™
There was also a friend whom I'd been fearing I might be on the outs with, but my fears were apparently inaccurate, because I heard from him and we wound up hanging out during the weekend, too. And that turned out fun, overall, so that was a pretty huge relief.
This will probably make at least a few of you laugh, but: I also watched Sailormoon for the first time in at least FIVE YEARS. It wasn't until I was sitting down with
And, finally, I had a really nice time working with one of my new senior reps, too. She's a Vancouver-ite, so she had a fair bit of difficulty finding Overlook Park, but once she got there, we had a smooth session. I found myself wishing a few times that I'd made arrangements to have an assistant, because manning the reflector myself got a bit hinky once or twice, but I got some rad shots, nonetheless. She's in summer school, too, so she's ready to start throwing my business card at all of her friends right away. W00t!
no subject
Date: 2010-07-12 10:44 pm (UTC)*hugs*
no subject
Date: 2010-07-12 11:59 pm (UTC)And I *definitely* need to see you before you go on your trip! Let me know when's good...? :)
no subject
Date: 2010-07-13 01:47 am (UTC)Gah. I'm stressed about my vacation.
no subject
Date: 2010-07-13 03:10 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-07-13 05:04 am (UTC)Best party name EVER.
no subject
Date: 2010-07-13 06:59 pm (UTC)